Wednesday, October 14, 2009

be my light

can you help me find my way out
can you be the candlelight in my hand?
restless i am for crawling out of this cave
to see the dawn again

its dark in here, can you see me
can you hear me breathe?
each heavier than the next
like each stone of the wall
i've built around me

i left an opening so small
i'm not sure you can get to me
please don't stop trying
if you do i fear
i will spend my forever here

the damp cold on my skin sits as heavy
as heavy as my heart inside
reach for me and touch my hand
warm me with your light

as much as i laughed and teased
about your stubborn soul
use it as your hammer please
to chip away, chip away, chip away my walls

i pray that piece by piece
the rocks will fall
and your light will flood in and onto me

like warm water
it soothes my ragged body, heart, and mind

and washes the tears and dirt
from my eyes

don't fall away from me
let your fire be my guide
help me out of here
and be my candlelight

No comments:

Post a Comment