Wednesday, October 14, 2009

with or without you

too many times
too many times trying
to be what you want
to be what you're needing

what does it take,
what's to become of me?
am i losing myself
trying to be what you want to see

i've torn myself down
and rebuilt to make you happy
but in this process
losing what i am
in this i've misplaced me

how does it feel to break one down
do you like what i've become
are you smiling about this
is this what you wanted done?

i need to find me
pick up the parts i left behind
pull myself back together
and make who i am mine

i've bent and bent
to the point of breaking
i'm not for it anymore
my life is becoming mine for the taking

if it means our ways must part
and the end of us must be
then to you now i say goodbye
for this is something i must do
whether it be with or without you

No comments:

Post a Comment